The system OBR Pharma for quality control of Braille printing on pharmaceutical packaging allows to control the process of preparation and production of drug boxes with embossed characters in Braille. With OBR Pharma, Braille patterns can be pre-scanned and final products can be compared with patterns and the correctness of embossed Braille can be checked. As the pharmaceutical industry is obliged to comply with EU Directive 2004/27/EC and the IADD BANA Braille standards governing the braille to be displayed on drug packs, OBR Pharma enables effective product control.
OBR Pharma allows the user to obtain input data from various sources. The system searches for Braille and converts it to regular text. The system is modular and allows the user to choose between different Braille data inputs, as well as use different methods for Braille recognition (prepress design, on the front or back of the box). Additional modules can be developed on request.
- Braille document recognition is fast, simple and user-friendly
- Suitable for quality control of the final product as well as for inspection of production templates
- Recognizes Braille from the front and back of the medicine box as well as Braille pre-printing
- Defect detection and visualization
- Supports all major braille encoding standards
- Measurement of geometrical parameters of printed Braille
- Allows the user to choose between different Braille data inputs
- Compares the obtained Braille data with the pattern
- Generates a report summarizing the data